With an emphasis on CNC milling and digital fabrication, MD studios handles projects from initial design consultation and computer modeling through construction and installation. Based out of a fully equipped workshop in Long Island City, the MD studios team produces work that encompasses both digital technology and traditional building crafts.
DESIGN + BUILD + RESEARCH STUDIO
- Research revolving around emerging digital production techniques and new materials for artists and designers.
- Project Management for prototypes, set builds, artwork, custom mill work, industrial designs and furniture production.
- Production Design: Consultation on how to transition custom projects to larger scale production runs.
- Complete workshop allows us take projects from raw material to assembled and finished final pieces.
- Any scale project and installation can be built and coordinated from our large studio.
- Extensive network of fabricators and industrial facilities.
- 2D or 3D CNC Milling of non-ferrous materials, including: wood, foams, composite sheet goods, plastics, aluminum, brass, bronze etc.
- CAD to CAM: Translating 2D and 3D computer models into efficient CNC-ready files.
- We handle any size of fabrication; from simple 2D components to large scale installations.